Lunes, Oktubre 15, 2012

Today’s thoughts….October 16, 2012


Today’s lesson is about happiness and joy. Happiness can be taken away from you in some circumstances. Like when I had difficulty in dealing with my officemate. But joy is something that cannot be taken away from you. Yes, I might have cried like a baby during the time when I had work related problems, but the joy in my heart was never taken away from me.
The joy that hails permanently inside my heart is Jesus Christ. No matter what difficulties I encounter, I am always secured that someone is on my side. That someone “great” is in total control. And that “He” is not shaken when things happen to me, because He is in full control. James 1:2 says that we should Count it all joy, when we meet trials of various kinds.
I believe that He lets things happen to me, things that might have stolen temporary happiness, because He wants me to become more like Him. He wants me to live like what He commanded. And I trust that everything works for the best. 


 
I’ll be 30 years old in 48 hours. Still single and honestly not looking!
 It’s just that I’m so busy falling in love with Jesus Christ, that I really really do not think that I need a boyfriend. Perhaps I want a boyfriend. But I don’t need one. =)
Even if the world is starting to put pressure on me about getting married and settling down, I will patiently wait. Because I am confident that God has already written my love story. Be it with another individual, or be it my love story with “Him.”
When I was a little girl, I always knew that God has prepared me to serve Him. I would always play the “angel” during feasts in my catholic school. I would even play the role of a “saint” during theater plays and presentations.

Being a child at heart, I realized that God has called me to minister and work with kids. And Saturday is the best day of the week, where I get to teach Bible lessons to the children in church. Not just because they learn something from me, but also because I learn a lot from these kids also. A child like faith, that’s what I learn and get from them every week. A faith that believes and endures, and sees everything in a positive and bright way.  

1 Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,

So, I’m 30 and still single. Not to mention that I haven’t yet experienced a “real” and “reciprocal” love. My past relationships are, somehow fabricated.  But I am very proud of myself for being able to give what I have not yet experienced. I know in my heart that even though things might have gone imperfectly during those past relationships, I am very sure that I gave “real” and “genuine” love. Maybe in different degrees, but what the degree’s are – that’s for me to know – and keep! =)
So everyone can only expect the “best” love coming from me, now that I am overflowing with God’s abundant love and grace. I think He might have wanted to prepare my heart first before sending me that very very very blessed guy that I’ll end up with.
So kathrina, Happy 30th birthday! Keep growing and learning from God’s love and grace. I am so proud of who and what  you have become. =) 



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento