Biyernes, Agosto 31, 2012

Confessions of a Fabulous Spinster...


As I come to many realizations, I acknowledge the fact that yes, in some ways "marriage" will complete us, but the irony is, being "single" won't make us "incomplete". It is actually through this stage "of being single" that we realize our "full potential" as an individual. 

Yes, I do admit the fact that I had a series of failed relationships. Because I contributed greatly to its ruin - because it was destined to end since the beginning!!! You see,  I wasn't very "smart" in choosing the right kind of partner. And also, it wasn't the right time. Perhaps because it was God's plan that I get back on my feet first, and know who I really am. I had to deal with my inner demons and work on my strengths and abilities to achieve my greatest potential. Not perfection, but excellent potential =).  

Now, I publicly confess that No, I am not ready to tie the knot. Not because I reject commitment and love. But because I adhere to the vow of "marriage." And once I get married, that will be it! 

I'd rather collect cute erasers than wedding rings.
 


Also, the next time that I'm going to fall in love, Imma do it RIGHT! Slowly but Surely! I'm not looking for a Perfect Man, because I'd have to marry Jesus if that's the case. I'm looking for a man who is "perfect" for me. Someone who's going to make me a better person. You might say I'm being "arte" and "choosy", well, say what you want, but it's everyone's right to be choosy of his/her "lifetime" partner. We wouldn't want to rush things and end up regretting it. Worst, there might be "little off springs" who can get affected. 

Boy, I am not afraid of staying single for the rest of my life. I'm also not afraid of walking down the aisle with gray hair. What I'm saying is, this time around, I'm not going to rush it. I'm going to do it the "right" way with the "right" man. 

No, I'm not a man hater. I love men, as a matter of fact I have tons of crushes. Different creatures with different shapes and colors (i'm referring to the male species...hehe)  But crushing on someone, does not mean sleeping with him, marrying him in a short span of time, or rushing into a relationship with him. 

I want "REAL-ATIONSHIP" and not just a relationship. Because I deserve that. I mean who doesn't? Yes, I am open for becoming a submissive but assertive wifey - but to the RIGHT man at the RIGHT time!!! When it will be? Only God knows, He will instruct me I'm sure of that. 

And if you're going to pop the question in an instant, Oh boy, I would really want to stay "engaged" for a matter of time before tying the knot, because I am not a Pro-Divorce type of person...And building a REAL-ATIONSHIP that will last a lifetime entails time, patience, and hard work. On knowing the person you're going to be with for the rest of your life, and realizing how you are as a couple. Friendship, Dating, Courtship, Commitment, Engagement, Marriage - Period!  These do not happen overnight...

Oh and one more thing guys,  reminder please, I am not a conquest to be won. I am a person who deserves to be LOVED. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento