Huwebes, Agosto 30, 2012

Convenient Sex...


This morning, I passed by a convenient store to purchase a soy drink. As I approached the counter to pay the item, it was just so inevitable to notice packs of condom variety on the counter. 

And I came to the realization, that this is the kind of "society" that I grew up to. A society that permits and promotes "convenient sex" by exposing what should be kept for  people at the right age. 



I recollect the memory back in high school, when we would make balloons out of the condoms and we'd just laugh boisterously. But now, I fathomed that this had an implicit influence on me, and maybe to the others as well. This made me think that "sex"  out of marriage is permissible  and normal!!! Otherwise, why would they sell condoms to minors? And why do they  display the condoms at the counter? In marketing, it's like saying that this item should be prioritized!

As an adult, maybe we can do something about this. We wouldn't want our children to think the same way, and to grow up in a society that promotes "convenient sex."

Do You?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento